Friday, June 29, 2007

Goodbye and thanks for all the deadbeat fish

I just said goodbye to one of my best friends... she is moving far away in the morning. I have not cried that much in a while nor have I been struck speechless... well, not ever but close to it. The funny thing is, I've only been friends with this wonderful person for about nine months. I have known her for about a year, but it took a while to get to know her because of my own personal problems I was facing last summer. Of all my great regrets, not extending the hand of friendship to her sooner will be one of them.

With that said, even if I had become friends with her sooner, she still would have been in my life for a relatively short amount of time. One of the things she and I actually did manage to say between sobs tonight was how neither of us knew why we were brought together for such a short time, but bonded almost instantly. I don't want to say I believe in fate, but I am at the point in my life where I am pretty sure everything was meant to happen for a reason, as was this relationship. She pulled me out of a very bad place and a cycle of anger, and put my feet firmly back on the ground. I think I helped her with my wisdom (don't laugh, it's true) and the few years more life experience I have on her. But most of all I think we needed to meet someone who could shake things up and give us an entirely different perspective on our lives. Nine months later, I am working on being a better person and better to myself because of her.

Also, I have to give her a great amount of thanks for bringing me closer to several people that I have known for a long time but was too wrapped up (or maybe just too lazy) to get to know. These people are amazing, and my little world is a better place with these people in it and I owe her a big debt of gratitude because of it.

Thanks Barbara, I am really going to miss you.

~Wildflower

P.S. Thanks for the inspiration on the title Katy.

1 Comments:

At 7:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

classy. elegant. delightful post. a fitting tribute to a great gal...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home