Sunday, July 22, 2007

Law School Update

I got my financial aid offer for law school yesterday. The good news is that it is a full award, which means it covers all school expenses and I will even get some back for living expenses. In fact, it is enough that I could potentially reduce my hours at work and may have a tiny semblance of a life... if they don't freak out when I ask. BUT... and isn't there always a but? It is all in federal loans. Which means I will owe the federal government around 100,000 dollars when I finish, adding in my previous loans. And I would have to find outside health insurance because my company only pays for full time employees. I am really overwhelmed right now I have no idea where to start. Do I throw caution to the wind and do it? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

~Wildflower

3 Comments:

At 8:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Apply for scholarships. If you don't use all your money because you got other assistance, you'll have less debt.

 
At 8:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that was me, coreyfro

 
At 5:48 PM, Blogger Nevermore said...

yes. you throw caution to the wind and do it. you've got the brains, girl, and you'll find a way to work it out. you can't buy the sense of accomplishment that you'll get from finishing this. and in your future, you'll have options - and you can't really buy that, either.

and then you'll never spend your later years wondering...what if...you'll know you stretched and lunged and did everything you could to touch that brass ring. the $$ thing will work itself out in the end...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home