Monday, January 09, 2006

Long strange day


Posted a pic of where I wanted to be all day, outside. Instead I was at work, and a weird day at that. There has been a lot of change lately and I just don't know how things will affect me yet. It might be a weird ride, then again things might not change much at all.

The January blues has set in for sure. I knew this was gonna happen, just check back a few posts. I am all-knowing like that :) Why is it a new year makes you realize what a rut you are in?

Enjoy the picture above. I went for a long walk this weekend on the levee behind my apt. The shot you see was taken with the end of Hammer Lane (west end) at my back. If you hopped the fence, climbed up the bank and managed to jump the slough, this is what you would see. It always amazes me that I can look one way and see gas stations and fast food places, and then turn around and see all the way to the horizon, with the only evidence of the city behind me in the sound of traffic. All separated by a mere six-foot wide slough. Just like two very different worlds colliding.

~Wildflower

2 Comments:

At 1:34 PM, Blogger jayeofmanyhats said...

I think I can see my old house from there! If you ever want company on a levee walk let me know!

 
At 12:11 PM, Blogger Wildflower said...

Mmmmm... sausage. Ah yes, playing with meat. My favorite post-holiday winter event! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home