Monday, November 14, 2005

Cold medicine and spilled lasagne!

So that describes my weekend in a funny sort of way! I should have had the best weekend in the world these last few days, but unfortunately a nasty cold from hell kept me from enjoying it as much as I could have. But it still was quite fun. I had three days off, and got to see my best friend from college, Shelby. She lives in Southern CA, and I haven't seen her in six months. Despite her flight being delayed Thurs. night ( oh how we love Southwest! ), the weekend started off well. I got to go to lunch with her and a friend on Fri., and on Sat. my brother's girlfriend, Bernice, and my family and I had a surprise 25th b-day for my brother (see his link on the sidebar). It was fun but sooo much work keeping it from him. We were very relieved when he walked in and had an absolute look of shock on his face! Especially since the lasagne had spilled so shortly before. Yep, a whole tray of lasagne all over the oven, the floor, the wall, and my mom. Ten minutes before people arrived I was scooting across my parents' kitchen floor with damp towels on my feet doing damage control... of course sneezing the whole time because of my darned cold. I think I still have some sauce in my shoe... Needless to say that as soon as my brother arrived, we all grabbed a glass of wine in relief :) Hey, if nothing goes wrong, it is not a party at our house!

So the rest of the weekend was fun with karaoke at Bogey's and in Livermore, and seeing Shelby when I wasn't sleeping off my cold :-P So I hope you all had a great weekend and an ok Monday! (Can Mondays ever be more than ok? hehe)

~Wildflower

2 Comments:

At 7:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am sooooo happy that I was able to make the trip up there. I had so much fun... And I am already counting down the days to my next trip up to see you all.. Love you all..

 
At 8:10 PM, Blogger Cjristina said...

Just to make your mom feel better I ate some of the spilled lasagne. IT was awesome. And while yes, I shouldn't have been eating any lasagne because of my diet, I still enjoyed it thoroughly. Your mom can throw food at any surface and I'll eat it...because she (and y'all) clean up good. I just wish my nephew (well, actually his parents since he's only two) didn't decide to have his party the same day so I could have stayed longer. His real birthday is on the 13. However, when I got there he was covered in cake...much like the stove had been with lasagne at your parents' place. So basically it was a food wherever you want it, mouths optional, weekend for me!!! ;-) I hope you're feeling better Steph! Take care.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home